The basis of DPC Contractor's sucess is our ability to manage our projects through our own developed Project Management System which is modeled after the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge. During the Planning Phase of the project, we clearly define and communicate the project scope, develop a project Work Breakdown Schedule and Project Schedule. We also initially identify project quality metrics and identify project risks, including safety risks.
During the Implementation and Monitoring and Controlling phases of the project, our field labor and materials are cost coded and tracked, generating the earned value of the project progress by WBS Code. We can then report the status, monitor, and control the project on a weekly basis (if more frequent reporting is not required).
Effective Project Communications is vital to an effective project delivery that completes the project deliverables in accordance with plan and also allows the client representative to understand and be able to control the process in a comfortable manner. Our goal is for the project to be well controlled and coordinated and the project progress to be clearly communicated to appropriate stakeholders with project problems and risks identified and managed early.
Training is the key to the DPC Project Management model. Refresher classes are conducted to keep all of the managers up to date with enhancements to the company’s project management system. We know that only through detailed scheduling and earned value tracking can we keep our projects on time and on budget and deliver quality projects which satisfy clients.
Another important part of our Project Delivery Team is our Project Field Leadership. Our Foremen are constantly receiving ongoing training around Project Safety, OSHA and NFPA requirements, Code Updates, Safe Work Practices, Effective Foremanship, Project Scheduling, teambuilding, and Human Resource Management.
We are capable of providing and maintaining client-integrated scheduling in Microsoft Project and Primavera or P6 formats as well as other client-specific proprietary scheduling and job progress formats.
Our Project Management Processes include:
- Standardized Project Initiation Processes through:
- Project Estimating and Negotiation
- Contract Review
- Project Handoff
- Procurement and Submittal development
- Project Management
- Project Handoff and initial project planning
- Mobilization and staffing, training, safety orientation and execution
- Quality Control through monitoring the installation process and testing the installed product
- Monitoring & Control through earned value analysis and constant feedback concerning scheduling and performance metrics
- Constant communication with the client and other key stakeholders
- Project deliverable and Closeout
- Quality Control verification and control shared between Project Manager and Foreman
- Ongoing Project Management and Foreman Training